DHHS PTSA Senior Scholarships
The Dana Hills High School PTSA (DHHS PTSA) is pleased to offer a scholarship program for graduating seniors. This PTSA scholarship is to be used for continuing education at a four year college or university, a community college or a trade/technical school. The amount of each scholarship and the number of scholarships awarded will vary each year. The minimum award will be $500.
- You must be a graduating senior at Dana Hills High School in the current school year.
- You must be a member of Dana Hills High School PTSA as of March 1, 2017.
- You must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.0.
- Complete application including essay, record of volunteer service activities and reference. Your parent or guardian must sign the application.
- If you are not a current member of DHHS PTSA, you must join. You may attach a photocopy of your PTSA membership card in lieu of PTSA membership verification.
- The application and all attachments should be turned in to the Guidance Office or the PTSA mailbox in the main office on or before March 31, 2017.
TERI LYNN O’BRIEN MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
The Teri Lynn O’Brien Memorial Scholarship was formed in the spring of 2010 to commemorate the life of Teri O’Brien, DHHS PTSA President from 2005-2007. In recognition of Teri’s dedication to the students of CUSD and Dana Hills High School, and her strong commitment to education, the family and friends of Teri O’Brien have established the Teri Lynn O’Brien Memorial Scholarship. A minimum $500 scholarship will be awarded to a graduating senior with financial need, who has demonstrated a commitment to advancing their education, maintained solid academics, and has demonstrated a commitment to their school and community through volunteer service.
- Financial Need
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Strong commitment to helping others
- Complete a DHHS Local Scholarship Application OR DHHS PTSA Scholarship Application
Recipients are chosen from pooled DHHS PTSA scholarship applications and DHHS Local Scholarship Applications recommended by the DHHS Guidance Office.
DHHS Local Scholarship Applications are available through the guidance office and completed applications are due by March 31, 2017.
The deadline for submitting the completed DHHS PTSA Application, including essay, record of volunteer service and a reference letter to the PTSA mailbox in the main office is by March 31, 2017. The application form is available below and copies are available in the Guidance Office.
PAYMENT OF AWARD
Recipients will be notified at the Senior Awards Ceremony. The decision of the PTSA Scholarship committee is final. Note: A scholarship award may be revoked in the event the student does not maintain the required overall GPA of 2.0, if the student is subject to severe disciplinary action such as suspension or expulsion, or if the student fails to enroll in an institution of higher education.
If you have any questions about the DHHS PTSA Scholarship Program, please contact Dana Hills PTSA at email@example.com.